Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Groupon Enters the Travel Market

Happy June, everyone! In celebration of the summer season and the (hopefully) warm months ahead, I have some exciting news for all you budget travelers out there. Groupon is launching a new travel deals site!

Now, I know that LivingSocial already features travel deals, and I have certainly looked into their offerings. But what could be better than another popular discount site providing us with even more sensational deals on hotels, airfare and car rentals? This just means more options for the consumers, and I can totally get behind that.

Groupon collaborated with Expedia on the website, so travelers will get access to more than 50,000 hotels--obviously not all at once, but hopefully through the course of the next few months or years. As far as I know, Groupon Getaways--that's what it's called--has not officially launched, but you can go online and sign up to receive the daily deals via email. I plan on signing up right now, so I can be first in line when a half-price weekend trip to Florida pops up or a five-night stay in Bermuda becomes available for 60% off.

Not only will this website provide significantly discounted trips, but it could help spark some inspiration in you travelers looking for something new and different. Or plant the desire to make a spontaneous, quick escape somewhere for a weekend. For those who read my blog regularly, you will recall my post about single travel...well this is the perfect opportunity to capitalize on a great deal and steal some alone time.

As much as this sounds like a sales pitch for Groupon--and trust me, I hate being a cheerleader for companies--anything that relates to travel--especially cheap travel--is reason enough to shake some pom poms. So go ahead and sign up for the website, and when it launches at the end of this month, be ready to scoop up some pretty sweet deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment