Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Bing! I Found a New Place I Want to Go!

Lately I have been frequenting Bing.com, the new search engine from Microsoft. Now, I'll be honest, I do still use google everyday, but Bing gives me a different element I can really appreciate: A gorgeous new photo background everyday. And today...it provided me with inspiration.

Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany, is literally a fairytale come true. Translated it means New Swan Stone Palace, which sounds pretty mythical. And if the name doesn't do it for you, how about the castle itself? An idyllic structure atop a mountain, the castle has become an extremely popular tourist attraction, drawing millions to its doors each year. Not only that, but it was also the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park. And if Disney likes it, it must be good.

So I will now be adding this to my list of destinations to visit, and hopefully I'll have my own stunning picture of this medieval castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment