Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Back to the Travel Writing Gig

Before leaving for South Africa, I was writing freelance for my old internship at Premier Tourism Marketing. It was a nice way to keep a connection with them while at the same time making a little extra cash. It didn't hurt that I was writing about a subject I actually like--wait, love.

Now, I'm back at it, writing travel articles for them on a regular basis. I'm hoping that working for them as a freelancer will open doors to future writing opportunities. Plus, after long hours at my copywriting job where I'm writing marketing copy all day, it's nice to write something different, something that I find interesting.

Since I began my full-time job, I have relished in my free weekends away from a cubicle and a computer screen. But today I spent a few lovely hours visiting Williamsburg, Virginia, writing about the history and activities to do in this traditional town. It reminded me how much I love reading about different locations around the country and the world. I've actually been to Williamsburg back when I was in 8th grade, so this was a chance to revisit some of those fond memories. Through these simple articles, I find a little escape.

I'm excited to continue with my dream of travel writing, even though this gig is just a small step, at least it's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment