Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Where Are You Going in 2013?

A New Year brings new adventures...but knowing where to go--or rather choosing which exciting place to visit--can be difficult. There are a number of destinations that are said to be popular places to go in 2013.

In the U.S., according to Orbitz, vacationers will most likely visit Charleston, South Carolina. This I can definitely see, since it is well known for its Southern hospitality and award winning culinary scene. Not to mention its many accolades from travel publications, tourist organizations, and seasoned travelers.


New Orleans also tops of the list of popular 2013 destinations. It has re-emerged from the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina, and the city is buzzing with activities, events, and excitement. Luckily, I was able to knock New Orleans off my list last year, but I can say with absolute confidence that this city will not disappoint, and I fully support it being a favored city this year.

Arizona and Orlando made the list due to the low cost of hotels and an abundance of tourist attractions. Atlantic City also makes a appearance, even after Hurricane Sandy destroyed much of New Jersey's coast. Travel analysts see much new development in the area, new hotels, new attractions and even more growth down the road.

Internationally, New Zealand is the place to go. It could be The Hobbit effect, or the fact that this country is simply amazing. Its major cities offer a mix of history, modern culture and eclectic character; while the rest of the country consists of scenic mountain ranges, pristine lakes, and some of the most incredible landscapes in the world. I have the privilege of hitting this hot spot in March and I cannot wait to explore all it has to offer. (In fact, I'm looking at possible driving routes and places to check out as I type.)

Obviously, there are plenty of other places around the world that will be popular tourist destinations this year. Luckily, there is no predetermined agenda, and each person can venture where they want. I'm also planning a trip with some of my good friends to Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR, in June. So far, that and New Zealand are the only vacations I have scheduled this year, but I am sure I will have many other adventures over the next 12 months.

That is the true beauty of a New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment