Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

What Happens in Cabo...

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico...notorious for Spring Break shenanigans. But truth be told, I'm past the whole body-shot-wet-tshirt-contest-drink-til-I-pass-out vacation. I would much rather lay out next to a pool, get a massage, enjoy nice dinners and cocktails, and take in the local scenery. So when I read that Cabo--a city in Mexico that did not have one single case of the swine flu--had high end deals going on where there would be no tequila-slamming college students, I have to admit I was intrigued.

The Baja Peninsula stretches down from the southern tip of California to the bordering state of Baja California Sur. The Pacific Ocean lies to the west, and the Gulf of California to the east. Plenty of cities line its coast, but Los
Cabos is probably the most famous. Beginning as a small fisherman village, Los Cabos was soon discovered by the corporations and hotels, and has since been transformed into one of the favorite beach destinations for tourists.

There are numerous hotels dotted all along the beaches of Cabo, but right now Marquis los Cabos is offering 20% off the entire hotel bill. It may not seem like that much, but depending how long the stay, it could add up to some big savings. The resort has spas overlooking the ocean, 28 casitas with private roof-deck or terrace pools, and an open-air lobby with mountain views. Las Ventanas al Paraiso is offering a $200 credit to visitors who book with them through Oct. 14. They also have a variety of other packages worth checking out. Each resort offers spa treatments galour, and I myself could use a good massage--stress and tension truly warp my back. The impressive Esperanza Resort has an immaculate spa with an outdoor canopy of flowers, steam rooms, plunge pools, and private treatment rooms. Once again, check out the deals available, there are a number to choose from.

Apart from beautiful accomodations, participating in entertaining local activities is always a nice addition to a vacation. I mean, really, who wants to
stay in hotel the whole time anyway? Enjoy horseback riding on the beach or through the mountains. Or if getting wet is more your thing, Cabo Adventures Tours has activities like swimming with dolphins, yacht racing, or sunset sailing. They also provide Jeep Safari rides and canopy tours for those looking for a little more adventure. Right now, you can save up to 30% off regular prices on more of the popular tours.

As someone who is truly craving a relaxing vacation, I li
ke what I hear about Cabo. I think it's calling my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment